CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 26, 2009

What I'm putting off?

Well. Isn't it obvious?

I am actively putting off the start of my new life.

I like my old life. My chocolate chip cookie, chicken Mcnugget, Dunkin Donuts, caramel frappachino filled old life.

Not really. I know that I really don't like my old life because I HATE how my old life makes me feel. And, I'm disgusted by how my old life makes me look. And, I remember before when I briefly had a new life, I felt great, I looked better, and I barely even missed all of the yummy, sticky, sweet, fattening, unhealthiness that plagues me today.

So, I'm not sure why I'm avoiding it.

I'm not sure why I can't kick myself in the rump, and actually start exercising, and stop stuffing my expanding gut with all the scrumdidiliuptious I can get my chubby little hands on.

I'm not sure why I'm avoiding the happiness that awaits me on the other side of the 15 pounds I have to lose.

I can give you a number of excuses: I'm tired, it's cold, my hubby and kids like to have cookies, it was #3's birthday, and then it was #2's birthday, and before you know it, my birthday will be here, and Tub of Lard made me do it.

But none of these excuses have any true bearing on why I'm a pig. And, none of them can even hold water when I compare them to all of the reasons I should stop avoiding and start living healthy: I will have more energy, my kidneys will thank me in the future (I have kidney disease), I can enjoy the summer with my kids without being embarrassed or hot, maybe I could wear shorts!

So many reasons to stop avoiding and start doing.

They will thank me.

I will thank me.

Gosh, if you have to ever be anywhere around me, you will thank me.

So here's to stopping my avoidance and starting my new life.

Thank you Mama's Losin' It. Your prompt may be the catalyst, the impetus for me to get it in gear. And as the attention craving poodle that you are, you should love that!


Don't forget to visit me @ http://parentingbydummies.blogspot.com/

0 comments: