CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 21, 2009

Is it fate?

I have a date on Sunday and guess what? I’m interested in him. I mean, I like what I know so far and want to get to know him better, which is really weird because I usually don’t like anyone am very particular. But now I’m really nervous, and I’m freaking out because I’m scared he’s not gonna like me. We have a lot in common except…he’s really in shape and as you know; I’m a work in progress.

So here’s the back story…

Once upon a time, About two years ago, there was a princess I moved from a small town in Florida to the DC metro area. It was a great opportunity and a wonderful way to get away from the commitment phobe-ex-boyfriend change of scenery. I would be close to BFF, start a great new job, and of course meet the man of my dreams be exposed to a bigger pool of available men.

After getting settled the match making began. A friend of BFF’s decided to put me in touch with an eligible bachelor. I was the new girl in town, would he be available to show me around? He agreed.

I was very hesitant and not sure if I was really ready to move on but was forced encouraged by BFF to email him. We emailed back and forth a few times but both of schedules were full, I just started a new job and was getting ready to go home for Christmas, and he's really busy at work during the end of the year, so we agreed to meet up after I got back in town.

So naturally I saw the ex while visiting Florida, got sucked back in, and decided that I wasn’t interested in meeting up with the new guy.

Fast forward two years….

Obviously things didn’t work out between me and the ex since, he's my ex, I'm still single, and I’ve been sharing my horror interesting online dating stories with you. Well, a couple of weeks ago I was reading this guy’s profile and he said that his mom is German and his dad is black and he is often mistaken for being Latino. I thought this was funny since I’m the same “mixture” and can’t tell you how often people just start speaking Spanish to me. Anyway, I emailed him and shared my little story with him totally not expecting to hear back from him. But I did. And then I looked at his profile name…and I started questioning whether this could be the same guy that I totally ditched a couple years earlier.

Granted it was a common name but ya never know, right? Anyway, we kept communicating and then he friended me on Facebook and his first and last name matched up.

I’m usually against friending people on FB that I don’t know in real life but I made an exception because there are exceptions to every rule and I can decided to change them as I please I was hoping he’d have an email address listed so I could make sure the name isn’t just a coincidence. And he did and yes, it’s him.

I shared this information with him and he vaguely remembers me. (Won’t hold that against him because I don’t expect that little bit of emailing we did to hold a spot in his brain like it did mine. You know, I’m the one who has been sitting here regretting not ever contacting him again.)

But now we’re going out on Sunday and did I mention that I'm freaking out. I don’t know what I’m going to wear (besides my spanx), and I’m afraid I’m going to say something stupid, or worse clam up and become mute, and I’m really afraid I’m going to start sweating profusely. Which is actually a legitimate concern. Aahhh! I’ll let you know how it goes.

**
Weigh-in

I did it! I lost two pounds this week. I’m totally into it now and have the motivation to keep it up. I will need to be extra disciplined in the coming weeks because my Power Sculpting class won’t be meeting for two weeks. They claim it’s a summer break but I overheard the instructor say something about not hiring temporary instructors and budget cuts. Grrr.

—TOL

0 comments: